Oct 17, 2009

The pants store

The trusty wife needed some maternity pants, so we went shopping. We ended up at this place called "A Parasite In Your Pod", and no joke, they are crazy. In the time it took to buy a pair of stretchy pants:

- A worker asked at least 5 times if we needed any help.
- I was given a brochure about a college savings plan for the kid. I found this particularly offensive as I have yet to complete college myself.
- I was offered subscriptions to two parenting magazines. I also take offense to this. Do they offer people without excessive facial hair only one magazine, or even no magazine at all? Did I really look like I could use two?
- I was grilled for my personal information to get on their "mailing list".
- My receipt was assaulted by a highlighter to show me that if I give up even more of my privacy, I could win $1,000. Like I would ever want to go back.



Moral of the story: Don't buy pants.

2 comments:

Pat said...

These places are crazy! I had a similar experience trying to purchase a maternity bra that my wife had previously selected and had on hold at the store. I thought it would have been a quick "in and out" operation. Nope… Honestly, I could have purchased antidepressant medication along with firearms at Wal-Mart faster and easier than that damn maternity bra on hold at the mall.
P.S. The listed photo for this entry will give me nightmares...kinda creepy.

Mike said...

Don't jump to conclusions, Redd... The REAL moral of the story? Don't have kids.