Aug 1, 2008

Cat antics (cantics?)

Those who know me know that I'm a former cat hater. Besides the exhorbitant amount of shedding, answering of nature's call in odd places, gaping scratch wounds, and a big plastic box full of sand and poop in the middle of my house, cats are actually very entertaining. Here are a few documented cantics.



One of Stella's many hobbies is to sleep on my homework, especially if I'm in the middle of doing it.


Here they've removed all the plastic bags that I had neatly placed inside another bag, and made a nest out of them.


Yes, that is a spindle of DVDs that she is using as a pillow.


This picture is from the second day we had them. I was searching frantically for them so that I could get them to a vet appointment, and finally I noticed two sagging lumps in the bottom of our box spring. I stuck my head up through the hole they had made and this is what I found.


Our old Dell laptop had some overheating issues, which both cats took advantage of often.


We walked into the living room and found Harper sitting like this. Then in her best Joe Pesci voice she said, "What, do I @#$%ing amuse you?"


Somehow she got up there without knocking out any books. Yet she couldn't figure out how to get down.


We've caught them several times in compromising positions. "Uh, I was just, uh, looking for my wallet."


Typical fighting positions for both of them. Harper always ends up on the bottom. Kind of hard to end up on top when Stella is such a fat lard.


They are very particular about the Christmas tree, and they're always in it "redecorating". Very interesting to come home to.



We're still trying to figure out this one. They dragged the Christmas tree skirt from the tree in living room into the kitchen, then stomped it into their water bowl. That same tree skirt also made their undersides and paws turn pink.

2 comments:

drama said...

i love your kitties...they are so cute. Especially the bookshelf one. so funny so funny

that jordan girl said...

I think this is so adorable.