Feb 19, 2010

Local news, part 2

I've said before how much I hate local news, no matter where "local" is to you.  But local Utah news is something else.  It's the annoying little brother of local news, constantly trying to get everyone's attention with it's "look at me" stories.


Any national or world news that has even the tiniest, most insignificant detail relating to Utah instantly gets picked up by the local news channels, who then flaunt the story as though Utah invented it.  A national serial killer once used a 7-Eleven bathroom in Vernal.  Jim Morrison once shot up with a guy from Sandy.  I'm surprised that the local news didn't pick up on the whole Vancouver olympics ice-resurfacer fiasco, because guess where the heroic Zamboni machine's creator was born?

1 comment:

Pat said...

Scotchy scotch scotch…..I love scotch.